Accreditation and Standing
South Plains College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees and proficiency certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South Plains College.
The educational program, degrees and certificates awarded by South Plains College are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Institutional questions concerning accreditation should be directed to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Selected programs at South Plains College also maintain accreditation with independent accrediting bodies in order for program graduates to meet the requirements for licensure. These programs include the following.
- The Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the Texas Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- The Vocational Nursing Program is accredited by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- The Emergency Medical Services Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs as recommended by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
- The Respiratory Care Program is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Respiratory Care.
- The Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- The Law Enforcement Technology program is approved by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education.
- The Automotive Service Technology program is certified by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF/ASE) as an Automotive Service Excellence program.
- The Cosmetology Program is approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.