CARES Act Emergency Grant Reporting
- South Plains College acknowledges signing and returning to the Department of Education, the Recipient’s Funding Certification and Agreement Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. South Plains College intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that South Plains College has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $2,591,110.
- As of May 22, 2020, the total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is $590,078.
- The estimated total number of students at South Plains College eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 6000.
- As of May 22, 2020, The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 778.
- The method used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial
Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES
>>The student completes an application for the funds stating the amount they need and the reason for the need.
>>The application is at this url: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?SouthPlains&layout_id=17
>>The application is reviewed for Title IV eligibility.
>>The student is contacted by a counselor and need is confirmed.
>>A letter is emailed to the student stating the amount they will receive, based on the conversation with the counselor.
- The instructions, directions, and guidance provided by the institution to students
concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants is located on the
SPC CARES Act page