Overdue & Lost Items
Borrowers are responsible for returning all items on time and undamaged. When an item is past its due date the item is considered overdue.
- Patrons who have SPC login credentials can request a renewal for their items once by accessing their library account online, calling the library, emailing or speaking to the staff in person.
- Holds blocking student account
- Anytime the item is overdue a hold may be placed on the student's account which will need to be addressed before they can register, receive transcripts or have financial aid distributed. Holds will be placed 1 week before registration opens and at the end of the semester.
- Removing Holds
- Returning Items -- When all overdue items are returned the library will remove the hold. If the item is long overdue or has been replaced by the library only payment of the item will remove the hold.
- Paying for items -- When all items are paid for the library will remove the hold.
- Forms of Payment -- Cash and check are accepted in the library. If you need to pay with a debit or credit card call the library. We will need to calculate the cost and notify the business office. The transaction will take place through the business office.
- Payment Plan -- Occasionally the cost of the items are too much for the patron to pay at once. A payment plan can be set up at the Levelland Campus Library only. If the patron stays on the agreed upon plan the hold is removed. If payments are missed the hold will be replaced.
- Lost/Overdue Interlibrary Loan Items -- Patrons are responsible for any fees or replacement costs that are incurred on their behalf by the library. Only payment of the fees will result in the hold being lifted.
Borrowers are responsible for paying for lost or damaged materials. For items that are out-of-print or non-replaceable for other reasons, a fee of $35.00 per item is charged plus a nonrefundable $10.00 processing fee. The charge for a book still in print will be based on the replacement cost of the item plus a nonrefundable $10.00 processing fee. Unpaid library charges will be added to the student's account and if left unpaid will prevent issuance of grades or transcripts.