POISE Support Specialist
Manage and operate computer systems in accordance with instructions prepared by Campus America’s POISE Data Management System. Provide South Plains College departments with defined instructional sequences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support POISE student information system, including: registration, recruitment, housing and other modules.
- Setup registration equipment for Levelland and Reese Center campus.
- Maintain evening backup processes.
- Modify student Social Security numbers.
- Process office supply charges used by other departments.
- Process equipment service calls.
- Process faculty evaluations for the fall and spring semesters.
- Assist with other modules as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Information Technology.
- Systematic and methodical approach to implementing instructions.
- Observance to detail.
- Logical approach to solving day-to-day problems.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work appropriately under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and make quick decisions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An Associate’s degree in a computer related field plus two years related experience supporting Campus America’s POISE.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to job candidates and other employees of the College.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.