Programs of Study
Plainview Campus VN Program TestingTEAS V is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage. The four sections are timed for a total of 209 minutes (approximately 4 hours). Computerized test results are available immediately upon completion of the exam.
The test is divided in the following manner:
- Reading – 40 questions, 50 minutes The Reading section covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension and inferences/conclusions.
- Math – 45 items, 56 minutes The Math section includes whole numbers, metric conversions, fractions, decimals, algebraic equations, percentages and ratio/proportions.
- Science – 30 items, 38 minutes The Science section includes questions about science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, basic physical principles and general science.
- English and Language Usage – 55 items, 65 minutes The English and Language Usage section includes questions about punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words and spelling.
- There will be NO EXEMPTIONS allowed for testing purposes.
- Students may test up to 4 times and the best scores are accepted.
- Students are encouraged to test EARLY in order to avoid complications
- TEAS scores are good for 1 year
Application to South Plains College must be completed before applying to the VN program and before you take the TEAS V TEST. The testing fee is $65.00.
Students must report to the Testing Center at least 30 minutes prior to testing time or students will be required to reschedule a test time. If you have to reschedule, you will also need to pay an additional $65.00.
You must also have a valid picture I.D., Social Security Card, and Registration Ticket with you for the test.
Click here to find testing dates for your program.