FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Myrna Whitehead
Silent, live auctions to highlight SPC’s Annual Scholarship Gala on Feb. 23
LEVELLAND – South Plains College’s 15th Annual Scholarship Gala set for 6 p.m. on Feb. 23 in the Physical Education Complex will feature a variety of interesting mementos during its silent and live auctions. The event also will feature exciting raffle items.
The silent auction will feature more than 40 items while the Live Auction segment will include unique and exciting items and experiences. There will be several items in the Raffle segment as well as an Elleven Rolling Duffel for the ticket drawing. The items were donated by individuals and businesses.
Gala organizers are seeking to raise more than $100,000 in scholarship support for next year’s SPC students. One hundred percent of the event’s proceeds go to scholarships.
2013 Gala Silent Auction Items
- Autographed John Grisham Novels, donated by Wally & Janelle Permenter
- Metal Sculpture, donated by SPC graduate Lynn Day, uses welding skills to create unique sculpture
- Hand-Thrown Pottery,donated by SPC faculty members Aaron and Becky Green, from Pecan Series, handcrafted by sculptor and potter Wayne Greene of Slaton
- Bangle Fashion Bracelets, donated by Roena Davis, signature collection, gold whisper/turquoise whisper/flower whisper/amber whisper bracelets featuring wires adorned with clear crystal pave brushed gold beads, alternating gold and turquoise beads, metal flower studs and amber beading and amber stations
- Golf Package, donated by T. Fleming, package features Callaway HEX Black Tour golf balls along with 18 holes and a cart at the Sundown Golf Course.
- Autographed poster and meal package, donated by author and photographer Rick Vanderpool, Alan and Nikki Wisdom and Dickey’s BarBQ
- Mainstreet Brand Texas Flag Guitar, donated by Texas Music Supply, features rosewood fret board with nickel-silver frets and easy playing action accompanied by a stellar tone
- Nike Fuelband, donated by Butch and Judy Bryant, measures your everyday activities and turns into Nikefuel, also tracks steps and calories burned
- Jawbone Big Jambox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, donated by Butch and Judy Bryant, turns any phone, tablet or mobile device into a portable hi-fi sound system
- Michael Kors Bag, donated by Jimmie and Linda Johnson, beautiful shoulder bag is glazed with python print leather, 10 inch strap, magnetic snap closure with an interior that includes a zip pocket, three open slip pockets, cell phone pocket and a key fob
- Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch, donated by Jimmie and Linda Johnson, style in full bloom with a rosy Mercer collection watch with rose-gold tone chronograph dial with tonal numbers, three subdials, markers, three hands, luminous accents and date window
- Texas Tech Yeti Cooler, donated by Matt and Kellie McDonald, the ultimate way to show your school spirit while you tailgate, features the Yeti brand and is known for like T-Rex latches, Coldlock gasket, FatWall design, AnchorPoint tie-down slots, Vortex drain system and more
- Pearl Torsade Necklace, donated by Social Site Media, Digital Media Marketing. Designed with hundreds of near-round 5-6 mm white cultured freshwater pearls clustered with seven twisty strands and a sterling silver clasp. 18”
- Vulcan All-in-One Tailgating Tote, Cooler and Grill, donated by Pat and Annette Sykora, ultimate all-in-one, insulated tailgating cooler with gas grill, three-piece BBQ tools and fully-removable waterproof cooler section
- One-Year Membership to SPC Fitness Center and Natatorium, donated by SPC faculty member Dee Dee Odorizzi, for one family (up to five people, non-married dependents living at home over 16 years-of-age) for one year or one couple for two years
- Apple TV, donated by Butch and Judy Bryant, Apple TV gives you the best entertainment right on your widescreen TV
- Autographed Book, donated by Earl and June Gerstenberger, “Highest Duty” by Chesley “Sulley” Sullenberger
- Original Paintings (“Man’s Best Friend” and “Boy”), donated by SPC retired artist Carol Peterson, signature member of the Texas Watercolor Society and the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies
- Lynn Haney Santa, donated by Meleta Atchison, “Vietri Old St. Nick of Tuscan Village” by Master Italian Artisans and Lynn Haney studio designers combine talents to create a memorable collection for celebrating the holiday season
- Waterford Crystal Heart Bowl, donated by Toni Ivy and Annette Davis-Smith
- Waterford Crystal Vase, donated by Toni Ivy and Annette Davis-Smith
- Waterford Crystal Square Bowl, donated by Toni Ivy and Annette Davis-Smith
- Green Mountain Wood Pellet Grill, the Daniel Boone Model comes with a digital control, meat probe, peaked lid for stand-up chicken/large fowl/rib racks, a convenience tray with utensil hooks, hard rubber tires and venture-style firebox for cyclone combustion
- 3-9x40 NC Star Spotting scope, donated by Monty and Kim Sansom, Silver Spur Trade Shows, lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
- NcStar 10x50 binoculars, donated by Monty and Kim Sansom, Silver Spur Trade Shows
- XLR 250 green light by Elusive Wildlife Technologies, donated by Monty and Kim Sansom, Silver Spur Trade Shows, for varmint hunters, an economic alternative to night vision
- Framed wall art, donated by Monty and Kim Sansom, Silver Spur Trade Shows
- 27-inch Necklace, created by SPC faculty member Allison Black, this one of a kind necklace is 27 inches and features Jasper and Carnelian gemstones
- 25-inch Necklace, created by SPC faculty member Allison Black, this one of a kind necklace is 25 inches and features hand-painted Venetian glass in yellow and purple
- Necklace, created by SPC faculty member Allison Black, this one of a kind 27-inch long necklace has been created with moss jasper gemstones and antique Hawaiian stones
- Necklace, created by SPC faculty member Allison Black, this one of a kind 28-inch long necklace features brilliant green Fuschite along with Malachite and Jasper gemstones
- Table lamp, donated by Lou Dee’s Floral and Gifts
- Original painting, donated by Amy Waters
- Bose Wave Music System III, donated by Wade and Lori Wilson, the Wave music system III delivers lifelike sounds from CDs and radio, features dual alarms, a touch-top snooze/on/off control and an advanced tuner with text display.
- Hand-carved Bowie Knife by Darrell Raines, donated by Chris and Susan Roberts,
- Original Wood Carvings, donated by the artist Cam Dockrey of Bearly Making It Chainsaw Carvings
- Haverty’s Furniture, donated by Sandra Moss
- Glazed Honey Ham Basket, donated by Glazed Honey Ham via Wade and Lori Wilson, brimming with great tastes, this gift basket holds a bag of pretzels, Chocolate Fudge Pretzel Dip, Spicy Chipotle Olives, Roasted Pineapple and Habanero Dip, Savory Crackers, Hot Pepper Raspberry Chipotle Sauce plus a $50 gift card to the Glazed Honey Ham Company
- Silver bar, donated by Brock’s Carpet, a 10 ounce silver bar featuring Indian in full headdress. This .999 fine silver bar is proof-like and individually wrapped
- Original Painting, donated by SPC faculty member Leslie Lewis, features an artwork grouping using watercolors and based on the tile work of the Spanish artist Antoni Gaudi. The works are rendered with watercolor on 300 pound arches paper
- Reed diffuser, donated by The Pavillion
2013 Gala Live Auction Items
- Bon Jovi Concert Package – all American rock icons, Bon Jovi have geared up for their “Because We Can – The Tour.” Enjoy a night on the town with a meal, limousine ride to the concert and a great night of entertainment. The concert will be in the Lubbock at the United Spirit Arena on March 17. Package provides four tickets, donated by Janna Worley
- Texas Rangers Package, donated by Butch’s Rathole and Anchor Service, Inc., this FANtastic prize provides the winner with three parking passes and admission for 16 with option to buy up to 14 additional tickets. Guests will enjoy a skybox located behind home plate with seating for 30. Winners can choose one game from the following: May 16 (Thursday) Detroit Tigers, May 18 (Saturday) Detroit Tigers, June 1 (Saturday) Kansas City, June 10 (Monday) Cleveland or June 12 (Wednesday) Cleveland
- Hand-made guitar, donated by Darrell Grimes, a one-of-a-kind hand-made guitar based on the Fender Thinline Telecaster, made with African mahogany
- Diamond Earrings, donated by Richard and Linda McCormick/North Basin Coating, stunning diamond dangle earrings by Gabriel and Co., New York, set in sterling silver with .26ct. total diamond weight
- Helicopter Hog Hunt will include one night at the lodge, three meals, unlimited drinks, two-hour flight, guns (custom Black Rain Ordinance AR15s with Eotech sights) and ammunition (.223), no limits on hogs. Weight and age limits on hunters – at least 16 year-old and under 300 pounds. Visit cedarridgeaviation.com.
- Texas Motor Speedway Tickets and Parking Package, donated by James and Carolyn Newkirk, the racing fan will love this package for the Texas 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race schedule for April 13, includes four Premium Grandstand tickets and one VIP parking pass PLUS Champions Challenge Electric Slot Car Track, donated by Pat and Annette Sykora, four gear racers and two NHRA drivers (John force and Robert Hight) zoom over 13 feet of racing track, LED lights indicate start, finish and four while Pro and Sportsman modes offer different challenges, not for children under 14 years of age.
- Two-Night Stay for Two at Broadmoor Package, donated by Sue Jo Cole and Jim Cole, a five diamond hotel, the only hotel maintaining the honor since Diamond ratings began in 1976. It is a superior room in the South Tower for two nights for two couples. Winner furnishes own transportation to Colorado Springs, Colo. Any amount over donation will be put on a Visa card.
- The San Carolos Bowie Knife – Sweet Merlot by Darrell Raines Knife, in No. 10 of the SPC Collector Series and another first in knife construction, inspired by the West Texas wine industry. Hand-forged, ground and tempered, this beautiful 14 ¼-inch bowie knife features a 3/16 inch thick twisted Damascus blade acid-etched to lend maximum exposure to its unique layered pattern. The handle is made of aged grape vine separated by an angular strip of Sugar Pine. Both materials have been stabilized. Two “Ring of Fire” mosaic pins adorn the handle. The sheath is constructed of oil-tanned latigo leather. A display stand of Axis deer antler, lather and enameled wood complete the set.
- Jewelry Set, earrings, pendant and ring, created by Loy Kern of Windsong Silver
- Jewelry – Ring, donated by Atchison’s Jewelry
2013 Gala Raffle Items
- Dinner for two at the Texas Tech Club, donated by Wade and Lori Wilson, enjoy a two-course meal for two people with beautiful views from the private Texas Tech Club high atop Jones AT&T Stadium
- Clean and Healthy Car Package, donated by Michael and Diannah Stueart of Stueart’s Pit Shop, the winner’s vehicle will be beautiful inside and out with this prize package, include four full-service oil changes, four full-service car washes plus 25 drive through car washes, expires one year from drawing
- Family Vacation Trip to Branson, donated by Dr. Marvin “Doc” and Mary Baker, enjoy all the entertainment and recreational attractions that have made Branson, Mo., one of the top family vacation destinations, package includes resort accommodations at Stormy Point Village Resort for seven nights in a two- or three-bedroom Cape Cod styled cottage on Table Rock Lake
- 60” LCD LED Flat Screen Television, donated by Worley Welding Works and Wilson’s Radio Shack, with a picture so vibrant and clear, you will forget you are watching TV! This 60" LG class full HD 1080 plasma TV has a Truslim frame, 600HZ max sub field driving, full HD 1080P resolution and is Energy Star Qualified. Included is a DM65 Large Manual Flush/Tilt Combo Mount which offers a different approach to mounting solutions with its clean, modern, and minimalist cross-bar design that is simple to install and use. It has a locking handle that can be attached on the right or left side depending on the user preference and once it's locked, the TV cannot be detached. After it is mounted, the TV can be easily moved laterally to center the TV within the room. Compact and low profile design makes the mount virtually invisible, complimenting today's slim TV's.
For more information, contact Julie Gerstenberger, Director of Development, at (806) 716-2020.