General and Specific Requirements
1. The application, required documents and application fee must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first scheduled day of registration for a given semester. All documents must be in English.
2. A $100 application fee (in U.S. currency) is required before consideration of an application can be made. We accept cash, money order or credit card. If paying by credit card email the Business Office at INTLFEE@southplainscollege.edu. In the email please include your full name, name of credit card holder, credit card number, expiration date and the security code on the back of the card.
1. Evidence of proficiency on the English language is required and can be satisfied by submitting results from the Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing Service (IELTS), or by completing the highest level in an English as a Second Language (ESL) program. Minimum score for the TOEFL is 550 (paper exam), 213 (computer exam), or 79 (internet-based exam). For IELTS, the minimum score is a 6.5 for the academic version, general training results are not acceptable. The TOEFL and IELTS scores are only valid for 2 years.
2. An official copy of a transcript with the last four years of secondary school must be submitted. The official transcript must be an ORIGINAL COPY TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH and must show each course completed and grade earned. A minimum grade average of “C” is required.
3.Proof of financial ability to remain at South Plains College must be submitted with the application. Proof can be in the form of a bank statement (minimum of $8,400 USD) within the last six months along with a typed and signed letter from the sponsor responsible for providing financial support or the form I-134, Affidavit of Support. I-134, Affidavit of Support can only be completed if sponsor is a U.S. citizen. An additional $2,000 USD is required for each F2 dependent.
Specific Requirements - Transfer Students
1. Transfer students from other colleges and universities within the United States must meet all General and Specific Requirements as outlined. An official college transcript from every United States College or University attended must be submitted in place of the high school transcript. Students on academic suspension at current institution will not be accepted.
2. Transfer students must have completed at least 12 semester hours with a minimum 2.0 GPA to be eligible for consideration.
3. An International Transfer Form must be completed by your current/former international student advisor.
THE FORM I-20 WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL ALL REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN SATISFIED.