Plainview Campus VN Program Entrance Requirements
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS for the LVN Program on the Plainview Campus: ALL students who are applying for the Vocational Nursing Program MUST be TSI complaint. All students must take the TSI Assessment and pass the Reading, English, and Math sections in order to receive an application.
NOTE: Completion of prerequisite courses will be required before admission to all Vocational Nursing programs at South Plains College with minimum passing grade of “C”.
Math for Vocational Nursing (MATH 0120)
Anatomy & Physiology for Allied Health (VNSG 1420)
Vocational Nursing Concepts (VNSG 1222)
- Complete the requirements for admission to South Plains College. Admission to South Plains College DOES NOT guarantee acceptance to the Vocational Nursing Program.
- The application to Vocational Nursing Program will be given to you upon passing the TSI assessment.
- The Texas Board of Nursing may deny application of licensure for applicants with felony or misdemeanor convictions (other than minor traffic violations), applicants who have been declared judicially incompetent, and applicants who are intemperate users of drugs or alcohol.
- The application to the Vocational Nursing Program in Plainview will be available to you from October 16, 2017 through April 25, 2018.
- ALL students who are applying for the Vocational Nursing Program at Plainview MUST
take the TEAS test as the entrance exam. Students CANNOT take Accuplacer, THEA, ASSET
or COMPASS to apply for the Vocational Nursing Program.
a) The TEAS test is given on preset testing dates. There is a $75.00 fee for the exam.
b) To schedule to take the test, please contact the Administrative Assistant in the Plainview Nursing office, PC104.
c) You must test at the campus in which you are planning to attend.
- An official copy of your high school transcript and/or GED scores and ALL college transcripts must be on file in the South Plains College Admissions & Records office.
- All applications must be submitted to the South Plains College Vocational Nursing office by the deadline. Applicant files will be reviewed prior to selection of the class.
NOTE: Those students selected for admission to the Vocational Nursing Program will have a criminal history background check prior to entering the program.
For more information, contact Suzanne Griffin, Director of Vocational Nursing.