Culinary Arts Technology AAS Admissions Process
- Apply for admission to South Plains College
- Take TSI Assessment (Not required for certificate-only students)
- Take Culinary Assessment
- This test is designed to assess reading comprehension and math skills as it pertains to Culinary Arts. Students will have 75 minutes to complete 30 multiple choice questions.
- Students must show proof of admission to South Plains College, give their SPC username, and register for a specific date and time in advance by emailing Chef Ramsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dates and times for the Culinary Assessment are: Friday, March 23rd at 10am, Saturday, March 24th at 10am, Friday, March 30th at 10am, Friday, April 6th at 10am, Friday, April 13th at 10am, Saturday, and April 14th at 10am. All tests will be held at the South Plains College Lubbock Center: 3907 Ave. Q Lubbock, Texas 79412. Alternative testing times are available by appointment only.
- Students may bring a calculator and scratch paper to use during the assessment.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices (except calculators) will be permitted in the testing room.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an employer in the culinary industry, a culinary teacher, or high school counselor.
- Attend the Culinary Orientation (date to be determined)
- Deadline for 1-4 is May 1st!
- worth up to 90 points
Letter of Recommendation
- worth 10 points
Max Points: 100
- Sixty-four (64) students with the highest total points will be selected for the Culinary Arts Technology AAS program.
- Culinary teachers will have one “top pick” among their students who they feel has the most potential, desire, and motivation to succeed in the Culinary Arts Technology AAS. This student must take the TSI and the Culinary Assessment but will automatically be accepted into the program based on his/her “top pick” status.