Notice of General Election
South Plains College Board of Regents 2020 Election
Early Voting – October 13-30 (In-person) Election Day – November 3, 2020
Precinct 11 - Ridgecrest Baptist (801 S Alamo Rd, Levelland)
Precinct 14 - Ropesville City Hall (107 Hockley Main, Ropesville)
Precinct 15 - Gary Cain Ins (3392 S St Rd 168, Smyer)
Precinct 16 - Christ United Methodist (1704 S College, Levelland)
Precinct 21 - Mallet Event Center (2320 S Hwy 385, Levelland)
Precinct 24 - Sundown High School (511 E 7th, Sundown)
Precinct 32 - Tax Office (624 Ave H, Levelland)
Precinct 33 - Old Sanders Bldg (3091 N St Rd, Pettit)
Precinct 35 - Cactus Dr Church of Christ (801 S Alamo Rd, Levelland)
Precinct 36 - Tx Dept of Health & Human Services (904 8th St, Levelland)
Precinct 43 - Whitharral Lions Club (2nd St & N Hwy 385, Whitharral)
Precinct 44 - Anton City Hall (400 Spade Circle, Anton)
Precinct 45 - Capitol Elem Em #20 (401 E Ellis St, Levelland)
Precinct 46 - Smyer Elem Library (401 Lincoln St, Smyer)
SPC Extra Precinct - Whiteface Old Gym (4th & Arthur, Whiteface)
*Applications for ballots by mail must be received no later than the close of business on October 30, 2020.
First Day to File-for a Place on the Ballot - Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Deadline to File for Candidacy - Friday, February 14, 2020
Applications can be picked up at 1401 S. College Ave. in the Administration Building Business Office from the office of Ronnie Watkins or printed from this LINK.
Ronnie Watkins – Dean of Administrative Services
1401 S. College Ave
Levelland, Texas 79336
Positions Open for General Election
- Position 1 - Currently held by Bobby Neal - Expires 2020
- Position 2 - Vacant - Expires 2020
- Position 6 - Vacant - Expires 2024
Eligibility and Qualifications for serving on the Board of Regents
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of College District Regent, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen, 18 years of age or older;
- Be a qualified (registered) voter
- Reside in the College District.
- Must not have been determined mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court of law
- Must not have been finally convicted of a felony, or if so convicted has fully discharged his or her sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision; has completed a period of probation ordered by any court; or has been pardoned or otherwise released from the felony charge(s).
- Must sign a statement swearing to defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and the State of Texas.
- Must sign a statement of awareness of the nepotism law.
- Must not be in violation of applicable nepotism laws.
If an individual seeks election to the office of Regent by having his or her name placed on the ballot, he or she must also:
- Have been a resident of the state for twelve months prior to the last date on which the candidate could file to be listed on the ballot.
- Have been a resident of the South Plains Junior College District for six months prior to the last date of which the candidate could file to be listed on the ballot.
If an individual seeks election to the office of Regent by write-in vote, he or she must also:
- Have been a resident of the state for twelve months prior to the day of the election.
- Have been a resident of the South Plains Junior College District for six months prior the day of the election.
If an individual is appointed to the office of Regent, he or she must also:
- Have been a resident of the state for twelve months prior to the day of which the appointment is made.
Have been a resident of the College District for six months prior to the day on which the appointment is made.