Direct Deposit Designation
Beginning Fall 2018, ALL students need to make a direct deposit refund account designation through Student Finance in self-service. All new and returning students must update their account designation in the new system once registered for classes. Please take note of the following FAQ’s:
- You must be registered for Fall 2018 courses before the system will allow you to access
the TouchNet portal.
- If routed to a screen with an orange header prompting for student and staff or authorized user credentials, please check to make sure you are currently enrolled in classes.
- If you are enrolled in Fall 2018 courses and still receive this error, please try clearing your browser history and trying again. If this does not work, please try a different browser (such as FireFox or Internet Explorer).
- EVERY student needs to enter account information to receive a direct deposit refund for Fall, regardless of any previous account designation. Once account info is entered in the new system, you should not have to designate again unless you wish to change accounts in the future.
- If you do not already have a checking or savings account, you can choose the option to apply for a Discover Student Checking account when you access the refund choice page. This account is free of charge and a debit card will be mailed within 10 business days of completing the short application online. This option will replace the TexanCard bank account we had in the past.
- If you currently have a TexanCard debit card issued from Herring Bank and would like to continue using this for your student refunds, you will need to call Herring Bank using the number on the back of the debit card (866-348-3435), request your routing and account number, and enter this information as your direct deposit designation.
To access the direct deposit option, please log in to self-service by following the “Registration for Fall 2018” links on our main website. Choose Student Finance, select the link on the right “Direct Deposit Refund Account,” and log in to our SPC Portal. You will then be directed to the TouchNet payment center where you should receive a pop-up guiding you to the refund choice page to make your selection. (See #1 above if you receive a third login screen instead of your account information with a refund method pop-up.)
Herring Bank MasterCard Debit Cards
If you opened a Herring Bank checking account in prior semesters and need to replace a lost or stolen debit card, please contact Herring Bank at 1-866-348-3435. (South Plains College can no longer issue new or replacement Herring Bank MasterCard debit cards effective July 2018.)
If you would like to use an existing Herring Bank account as your refund direct deposit beginning Fall 2018, please call Herring Bank to request your routing and account information. This information will need to be entered as your new direct deposit account following the instructions above.