Associate Degree Nursing Application Requirements
Admission to the college does NOT guarantee admission to the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Prerequisite Courses Are:
- BIOL 2401 - Anatomy & Physiology I
- ENGL 1301 - English Composition I
- PSYC 2314 - Human Growth & Development
- BIOL 2420 - Microbiology
Other college courses required are:
- BIOL 2402 - Anatomy & Physiology II
- Approved Humanities class
****NOTE****ANATOMY I & II AND MICROBIOLOGY must be repeated if over 10 years old. Applications will NOT be accepted if any of the required sciences are repeated more than 3 times.
STEPS FOR ADN PROGRAM ADMISSION
- Be Texas Success Initiative (TSI) compliant.
- ALL PREREQUITES MUST BE COMPLETED WITH A “C” OR BETTER.
- Required Science courses must be repeated if over 10 years old. If required science courses have been repeated 3 or more times, student is not eligible to apply to the ADN program at SPC.
- Must PASS the nursing entrance exam (TEAS). (Arrangements are made through the Testing Center at 806-716-2530)
- ADN Application will be given to students ONLY after the TEAS test is passed
- You MUST submit your passing TEAS test scores to the Nursing department in the Allied Health Building on the Levelland Campus to receive your application.
- Students selected for admission to the Associate Degree Nursing program will be required to have a criminal background check prior to entering the program. ***See Criminal Background Certification Below.***
** For additional information regarding the Associate Degree Nursing program please contact Julie Grant, Nursing Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 806-716-2248.