This introductory course is designed for those who want to work in the health care industry in a more advanced position. A basic knowledge of hospital protocol and medical terminology is recommended but not required. This course includes fundamentals of the anatomy and physiology of the cardiac system, basic EKG procedures, interpretation of basic dysrhythmias and a brief look at treatment.
This demanding course requires an intense commitment to learning and understanding the complex concepts associated with the cardiac system. It is designed to prepare students to take the NHA CET Certification Test. Homework on a daily basis will be necessary. The practicum will be the last three days of class. A maximum of fifteen (15) students will be accepted.
Optional study guide materials written by the instructor will be available for purchase.
IMPORTANT: You will not be allowed to register or pay for this class without all requirements being met. Criminal background checks will be performed on all students. NO REFUNDS will be given for criminal background checks.
Textbook(s): EKG PLAIN AND SIMPLE 4th EDITION
Step 1: Complete the SPC CE Application
Step 2: Provide Proof of Immunizations
- MMR – 2 shot series or TITER
- Current Negative TB Test (no older than 1 year prior to the first class day)
- Tetanus (no older than 10 years prior to the first class day)
- Hepatitis B Series or Titer **Note: HEP B Titer required if student cannot find shot record or is in middle of series**
- Varicella (Chickenpox) or Proof of Illness
- Flu Shot will be required of all students enrolled between October 1st and March 31st
Step 3: Provide Identification Prior to Enrollment
Names must match on both documents and not expire before the end of class.
- Valid State-Issued photo ID
- Social Security Card
Step 4: Register In Person
|01/25/2021 - 04/07/2021||MW||6:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Lubbock Center|
|Currently not offered||Plainview Center|
|Currently not offered||Levelland Campus|