Graduation at SPC
South Plains College holds commencement exercises once a year in May. Graduates are highly encouraged to participate in commencement exercises. Students who plan to complete the requirements for graduation during the summer should apply for graduation during the previous spring semester and may participate in the May commencement exercises.
DEADLINES TO APPLY:
Fall 2021 - December 1, 2021
Spring/Summer 2022 - March 9, 2022
- Complete all degree requirements for your major. See your academic advisor for verification of your degree requirements or view the SPC General Catalog for more information.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.00 (“C”) or better.
- Verify your major in Texan Connect. If your current major is incorrect , please submit the Change of Program Form before you apply for graduation.
- Complete graduation application (no application fee required).
To Apply for Graduation
- Click here to fill out the free online graduation application.
For students participating in a commencement ceremony, graduation regalia (cap, gown, and tassel) must be ordered online at https://westtexasgrad.com/college. Regalia will be distributed to the campus the student selects on the online order form.Students may pick up regalia at the following locations.
- Levelland Campus - Admissions and Records Office in the Student Services Building
- Reese Center - Building 8 in the Student Support Center
- Lubbock Center - Student Support Center at the Main Entrance
- Plainview Center - Main Office
Diplomas are mailed approximately six to eight weeks (excluding weekends and holidays) when the following items have been completed:
- Graduation requirements have been reviewed and approved by instructional deans, AND
- ALL final grades have been reported to the Office of the Registrar.
Invitations may be purchased directly from any publishing company you select. SPC does not contract with a publishing company. For information, call the SPC bookstore at 806-894-9611, ext. 2399 or visit www.westtexasgrad.com by April 1.
Previously awarded diplomas may be replaced by completing and submitting a Diploma Replacement Order Form. Mail form with the $25.00 replacement fee (cashier's check or money order only) to:
SPC Admissions and Records
ATTN: Graduation Clerk
1401 South College Avenue
Levelland, TX 79336
For questions regarding your degree requirements, contact your program advisor.
For questions regarding application, commencement exercises, etc., contact Admissions and Records Graduation Clerk, Angelica Mendoza at email@example.com or (806) 716-2572.