Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremonies
Spring commencement ceremonies will be held on Friday, May 12, 2023 in the Texan Dome according to major at 9:30am and 1:00pm.
65th South Plains College Commencement Schedule
Fall 2023 Commencement Ceremony
Fall commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, December 15, 2023 in the Texan Dome at 10:30am.
There is not a rehearsal for this ceremony. Graduates will receive important information by email.
Guests will not need tickets for this event.
Regalia/Commencement Day Attire
- Regalia will not be available for pick up until the week before the commencement ceremony.
- Graduates should wear nice attire under their robes with appropriate shoes. You may be standing for up to an hour and navigating staircases; please wear comfortable shoes.
- Caps cannot be decorated and only SPC approved specialty cords, stoles, or medals will be allowed
to be worn as listed below:
- Academic Honors Graduates-medals distributed by the Admissions & Records office
- Veterans-red, white, and blue cords distributed by the Admissions & Records office
- Phi Theta Kappa-gold stole and/or gold cord as purchased by student
- Honor Program Graduates-medallion distributed by the Admissions & Records office
- Dual Credit Graduate-stole distributed by the Dual Credit office
- STAR Center-red cords distributed bythe STAR Center staff
- Please leave all personal belongings (purses, jackets, cell phones, etc.) with your guests prior to check-in. Graduates will not be permitted on the Dome floor with those items and there will be no secure storage.
Photographs and Videos
Ceremonies will be live-streamed at South Plains College. If you are interested in a digital copy of the ceremony, please contact Mr. Billy Alonzo at firstname.lastname@example.org for ordering information.
GradImages is the official commencementer photographer. Graduates will be photographed and proofs will be sent to each graduate the weeks after the ceremony. There is no obligation to purchase. If you have any questions, please contact GradImages directly via their website.
Please note, while family and friends are welcome to take pictures during the ceremony, only graduates will be allowed on the Dome floor during the ceremony. However, pictures may be taken after the ceremony.
Baby strollers are not allowed in the Texan Dome.
Airhorns and other loud sounding noise makers are prohibited in the Texan Dome.