South Plains College is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy learning and work environment for students, faculty and staff as the SPC Texan Community returns to campus amid the COVID-19 pandemic. To accomplish this goal, it is imperative that everyone join together to do their part. SPC has developed a Return to Campus Plan that outlines how the college will operate and the measures that will be implemented to help protect you and your loved ones. We look forward to welcoming you back to campus, as we continue to emphasize the following points:
- All students, faculty and staff should monitor their health and notify appropriate personnel and their health care provider if they experience any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- All students, faculty and staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 should contact DeEtte Edens, BSN, RN in Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (806) 716-2376.
- Cleaning and sanitization process will be emphasized in every area of our campus.
Take time to review the plan along with other resources found on this webpage. We want your experience at SPC to be positive and safe as we all return to campus. SPC will continue to provide the best possible educational experience.
2023-2024 COVID-19 Guidelines
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please do not attend class and either seek medical attention or get tested for COVID-19.
- Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Fever or chills
- Muscles or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste and smell
Please also notify DeEtte Edens, BSN, RN, Associate Director of Health & Wellness, at email@example.com or 806-716-2376
- SPC will follow the recommended 5-day isolation period for individuals that test positive.
- Please note that day 0 is the date of positive test. Day 1 begins the first full day after the date of positive result.
- Please have students and employees notify DeEtte Edens if they have tested positive to verify dates before returning to class or work.
- The home tests are sufficient but students need to submit a photo of the positive result. The date of test must be written on the test result and an ID included in the photo. If tested elsewhere (clinic, pharmacy, etc.), please submit a copy of the doctor’s note or email notification. Results may be emailed to DeEtte Edens, BSN, RN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A student is clear to return to class without further assessment if they have completed:
- The 5-day isolation period, symptoms have improved and they are afebrile for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Please instruct students and employees to communicate with DeEtte Edens prior to their return date if still symptomatic at the end of the 5-day isolation.
- Exposed individuals will not be required to quarantine. If exposed, SPC does request individuals closely monitor themselves. If an individual does become symptomatic, please do not attend class or work and be tested.