Graduation at SPC
South Plains College holds commencement exercises twice a year in May and December. Graduates are highly encouraged to participate in commencement exercises.
Students completing degree or certificate requirements in the following semesters will participate in the December Commencement Ceremony:
|Fall I (8-week)
|Fall II (8-week)
Students completing degree or certificate requirements in the following semesters will participate in the May Commencement Ceremony:
|Spring I (8-week)
|Spring II (8-week)
Students are not required to complete an application for graduation. Students eligible for graduation will receive a notification email to their SPC student email account inviting them to complete the graduation information form. This form will let students update how they would like their name on their diploma, mailing address, and whether they would like to participate in our commencement ceremonies. Students should receive this email by each term's census date. If you do not receive an email inviting you to complete this form and believe you are eligible for a degree or certificate, please contact email@example.com or 806-716-2572.
- Complete all degree requirements for your major. See your academic advisor for verification of your degree requirements or view the SPC General Catalog for more information.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.00 (“C”) or better.
- Verify your major in Texan Connect. If your current major is incorrect , please submit the Change of Program Form before you apply for graduation.
- As required by the State of Texas, students who elect to complete the requirements for the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Applied Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees cannot be awarded unless all TSI requirements are completed and met.
For students participating in a commencement ceremony, graduation regalia (cap, gown, and tassel) must be ordered online. The link will become available through your Texan Connect when you select to attend the commencement ceremony.
There is no fee for cap and gowns. Students have the option to pay for shipping and have it sent to their home address or having it sent to the campus of their choice for free.
Regalia is not available for pick up until the week before the commencement ceremony. It may be picked up at the following locations:
- Levelland Campus - Admissions and Records Office in the Student Services Building
- Reese Center - Building 8
- Lubbock Career and Technical Center - Student Support Center at the Main Entrance
- Lubbock Downton Center - Student Support Center
- Plainview Center - Main Office
Diplomas, certificates and occupational skills awards are not distributed to graduates at the ceremony. They are mailed out approximately four to six weeks (excluding weekends and holidays) when the following items have been completed:
- Graduation requirements have been reviewed and approved by instructional deans, AND
- ALL final grades have been reported to the Office of the Registrar.
Previously awarded diplomas may be replaced by completing and submitting a Diploma Replacement Order Form. Mail form with the $25.00 replacement fee (cashier's check or money order only) to:
SPC Admissions and Records
ATTN: Graduation Specialist
1401 South College Avenue
Levelland, TX 79336
Graduation Through Reverse Transfer
For students that transfer to a four-year university before completing their degree requirements with SPC, the reverse transfer program allows them to apply courses taken at these universities towards an associate degree with us. Having another degree on your resume can help you in the job market or help you move up at your current job, all while still pursuing a bachelor's degree. There is no risk in submitting your courses towards your associate degree as the hours will still apply toward your bachelor's degree. Students must have completed at least 15 hours at South Plains College to be eligible for a reverse transfer degree.
For questions regarding your degree requirements, contact your program advisor.
For questions regarding application, commencement exercises, etc., contact Admissions and Records Graduation Coordinator, Kristen Rackler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 716-2572.