Personalizing our Blackboard courses is a way to provide students with a unique online and educational experience. One way to personalize your Blackboard course is to add a picture or image (Banner) to the top of your course homepage or course entry point. Banners are also a useful way to indicate which course you are in which is especially helpful if you teach many courses a semester. Read on to learn how to personalize your course using the banner feature.
Blackboard recommends that the size of banners be 480 X 80 pixels.
Creating a Banner in your Blackboard Course
- Enter your Blackboard course.
- In the Course Management menu on the left, click Customization.
- Click Teaching Style.
- Scroll down to Select Banner and click Browse My Computer.
- Select the file you wish to use and click Open.
- Click Submit.
To Delete a Banner
- Go back to Teaching Style
- Scroll down to Select Banner and click the box next to Delete this Banner, then click submit.
Request a Customized Banner
If you would like the design team to create a custom South Plains College banner for you, email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Instructor’s Name (John Smith, Ph.D.) – make sure to include it exactly as you would like it to appear in the banner.
- Instructor’s Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Division (Arts and Sciences)
- Course Number and Section (CRW 2001, Section 2)
- Name of the course ( “Creative Writing”)
- Plain English Description of Course (This course is offered for students desiring experience in such forms as the short story, poetry, the novel, etc. and is conducted under workshop conditions. The class will discuss outstanding contemporary writers' work as patterns and also read and analyze the student writing assignments. Each student may specialize in one literary form in a term project, as determined in conference with the instructor. This course has a substantial writing requirement..)
- Department (English)
- Due by (Fall 2020)
- Is this a new course or a redesign? (Redesign)
- Any special requests (Please, be sure to include an image of…)
Example of a banner: