Bomb threats can be originated in writing, in person, over the telephone, or relayed through a second source.
- If by phone, DO NOT HANG UP; try to keep the caller talking.
- Document the phone threat by using the Threat record sheet below. Place copies for ready access.
- The SPC Police or other designee will determine the seriousness of the threat using input from all sources.
- Document in writing as soon as possible other information, including:
- Specific time the message was received.
- Date and day of the week.
- Exact wording of message.
- Estimation of sex, race, age, cultural background of person making threat.
- Explain circumstances under which message is received, as well as unusual circumstances such as noises, comments and other relevant information.
- Contact SPC Police immediately at 806-893-5705.
- Evacuate the building when warranted.
DON’T HANG UP PHONE (USE ANOTHER PHONE TO CALL POLICE)
Time of Call:________________ a.m. or p.m. (circle one)
Record the exact words used by caller (describe voice on the phone, i.e., male, female, child, intoxicated, speech impediment, accent):
Describe background noise (music, children, talk, airplane, traffic, typing?):
Date: _________________ Call received by: _______________________