Applying for SPC Scholarships is Easy
ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 1 for priority consideration. Scholarship applications are welcome at any time for general consideration.
Fill out the single, online scholarship application to be considered for all SPC Foundation scholarships by clicking on the link below.
1. Apply for Admission to South Plains College. Upon acceptance, you will receive a student username, password and SPC e-mail account. You must have an assigned SPC username and password in order to sign-in to the Scholarship Application Portal and apply.
2. Carefully complete the online scholarship application, making sure to provide all information to the best of your ability. Incomplete applications cannot receive the best evaluations and therefore will not receive the maximum scholarship award and may not receive any scholarship funds.
3. Most scholarships require enrollment as a full-time student (12 semester hours minimum) but some are open to part-time students. All students who plan to enroll in six or more semester hours are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
4. Incoming new students and high school dual credit students must include a current official high school transcript. The transcript must contain a listing of all high school courses and grades earned through the fall semester of the senior year. It must also include a listing of current spring courses being taken, estimated class rank, class total, and overall high school grade average. The transcript must be uploaded with the online application.
5. Incoming new students and high school dual credit students are encouraged to submit ACT or SAT scores (ACT preferred). Although not required, applicants receive additional points for certain ACT or SAT scores in the evaluation process that can lead to a higher ranking of the applicant for scholarship consideration.
Documentation of ACT or SAT scores must be uploaded with the online application.
6. Transfer students must submit an official transcript from every college attended as of the date of the application. Transcripts must be on file with the Admissions and Records Office prior to the scholarship deadline.
7. Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50.
8. To be considered for Program Specific Scholarships, the applicant must indicate an intended major field of study on the application. The SPC Scholarship Application System will automatch you to Program Specific Scholarships based on the major you list.
9. Certain program specific and activity scholarships require a personal interview, audition or separate application. These requirements should be scheduled through the appropriate department before their deadline.
10. SPC Foundation scholarships are awarded for the academic year. One-half of the scholarship dollar amount is applied directly to the student’s Tuition and Fees bill in the fall semester and the remaining one-half is applied in the spring semester if the student has met all requirements of the scholarship. The SPC Foundation does not provide scholarships in the summer terms.
Scholarship Application Deadline
March 1st of each year is the deadline for submitting completed scholarship applications to the South Plains College Scholarship Office. These applications are considered first for SPC Foundation scholarships, totaling over $1,000,000. Students may submit scholarship applications throughout the year but these will not receive priority consideration.