From the moment you log in, you have access to core features in the menu where your name appears. You can easily return to the menu from wherever you are—even if you're in a course. The menu peeks from behind the other layers you have open.
When you select any link from the menu, you see a global view across all your courses. For example, Grades shows all your grading tasks organized by course. No need to navigate to each course to see what's ready for grading.
A refreshed look and feel changes how users interact with the Blackboard system. Some of the most noticeable changes are described below.
Overview of Base Navigation Menu
- Institution Page: Important campus information and helpful links / resources
- Profile: Set up and make changes to your profile image and settings
- View your profile
- Edit your profile : Video
- Activity Stream: Up-to-the-minute action for all of your courses & organizations
- Courses: Navigate to past, present, and upcoming courses
- Organizations: Access organizations (communities)
- List of SPC Clubs
- Calendar: View all course, organization, and institution events and due dates
- Messages: View and send messages for all of your courses
- Grades: See what needs grading across all of your courses (students can check their grades for all of their courses)
- Tools: Access functions that are outside of courses, such as Blackboard Faculty Tools to request courses, Content Collection, or Portfolios
Log In and See the Upgraded Blackboard Base Navigation
Where can I find more information?
If you’re interested in learning more, here are a few useful Blackboard websites:
- Blackboard Help: Assistance using the new Ultra Base Navigation
- Institution Page: Find information about your institution.
- Profile: Select your name in the list and make changes to your online persona.
- Activity Stream: See up-to-the-minute action for all of your courses.
- Courses: Navigate to past, present, and future courses.
- Organizations: Access the organizations that you lead or are a member of.
- Calendar: View course events and due dates for all your courses.
- Messages: View and send messages in all of your Ultra courses.
- Grades: See what needs grading across all your courses.
- Tools: Access global functions that are outside of your courses such as portfolios or the Content Collection.