CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA)
Students will learn the skills to work in the healthcare environment as a medical assistant. Instructional methods will consist of instructional classroom training and work-based experience through simulation, and a clinical lab environment.
Students will train to perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a healthcare manager or physician.
Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes.
Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by a physician or healthcare manager.
In completing the 238-hours of classroom and clinical instructions, students will be preparing for the NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Exam.
- CPR Certification is required and will be offered at set times during the CMA training.
- The CCMA license must be renewed by exam every 2-years.
Program Cost: $1230
IMPORTANT: You will not be allowed to register or pay for this class without all requirements being met. Criminal background checks will be performed for all students. NO REFUNDS will be given for criminal background checks.
Steps Required to Register for Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA)
Step 1: Complete the SPC CE Application
Step 2: Provide Proof of Immunizations:
- MMR – 2 shot Series or TITER
- Current negative TB Test (no older than 1 year prior to the first class day)
- Tetanus (no older than 10 years prior to the first class day)
- Hepatitis Series or TITER **Note: HEP B - only titer needed if student cannot find shot record or is in middle of series**
- Varicella (Chickenpox) or Proof of Illness
- Flu Shot required of all students enrolled between October 1st and March 31st
- COVID-19 2-Dose Vaccine/ Letter of Exemption
Step 3: Provide Identification
Names must match on all documents and not expire before the end of class)
- Valid Driver's License or ID
- Social Security Card
Step 4: Register in Person
|01/24/2023 - 07/13/2023||T & TH||6:00pm - 9:00pm||Plainview Center|
|01/24/2023 -07/13/2023||SAT||(Clinicals) TBD||Covenant|