PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN/ASSISTANT (PCT)
Students will learn skills necessary to work in the healthcare environment. Instructional methods will consist of classroom training, work-based experience through simulation, and a clinical lab environment.
Students Registering for the PCT course must have already successfully completed the CNA training and certification exam, Phlebotomy training and certification exam, and the EKG training and certification exam. Once these are complete students are then eligible to register for NUPC 1020 Patient Care Technician, HPRS 1001 Medical Terminology course, and HPRS 1006 Intro to Healthcare Profession.
- HPRS 1001: Medical Terminology
- HPRS 1006: Introduction to the Healthcare Profession
- ECRD 1011: Electrocardiography (EKG)
- PLAB 1023: Phlebotomy
- NURA 1001 & 1060: CNA Classroom Instructions and Clinicals
In completing the 96-hours classroom and online instructions for PCT, students will be preparing for the NHA Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant Exam.
In completing the 60-hours classroom, clinical lab, and online instructions, students will be preparing for the NHA Phlebotomy Certification Exam.
In completing the 60-hours classroom, and clinical lab instructions, students will be preparing for the NHA EKG Certification Exam.
In completing the 60 hours in the classroom and 40 hours of clinicals, each student will be required to take the State of Texas Certified Nurse Aide Competency Examination with Prometrics. Students will submit their own applications and testing fees directly to Prometrics after completion of the class.
CPR Certification is required and not included in tuition fees. Other supplies not included in the tuition and fees are a blood pressure cuff and stethoscope. A maximum of ten (10) participants will be accepted for this class.
COST: PCT: $175, HPRS 1001:$345, HPRS 1006:$445, EKG:$500, PLAB:$565, CNA:$500
Total Cost of Program $2530.00
You will not be allowed to register or pay for this class without all requirements being met. Criminal background checks will be performed for all students. NO REFUNDS will be given for criminal background checks.
Steps Required to Register for Patient Care Technician/Assistant (PCT)
Step 1: Complete the SPC CE Application
Step 2: Provide Proof of Immunizations:
- MMR – 2 shot Series or TITER
- Current negative TB Test (no older than 1 year prior to the first class day)
- Tetanus (no older than 10 years prior to the first class day)
- Hepatitis Series or TITER **Note: HEP B - only titer needed if student cannot find shot record or is in middle of series**
- Varicella (Chickenpox) or Proof of Illness
- Flu Shot required of all students enrolled between October 1st and March 31st
Step 3: Provide Identification
Names must match on all documents and not expire before the end of class)
- Valid Driver's License or ID
- Social Security Card
Step 4: Register in Person
08/28/2023 - 12/14/2023
T & TH