NATURAL GAS LEAK
IF ANY PERSON SMELLS WHAT COULD BE A GAS LEAK OR A BUILD-UP OF GAS IN THE BUILDING:
- Determine if the room needs to be evacuated and evacuate if necessary.
- No one should be allowed to enter the area of the suspected gas leak.
- Notify the Physical Plant. Director Physical Plant 806-893-2922, Maintenance Supervisor 806-891-2363.
- If gas is escaping inside the building or room and it is determined to be safe:
- Ventilate the area starting where concentration is strongest.
- DO NOT OPERATE ELECTRICAL SWITCHES.
- Turn off any open flame device by operating manual controls such as gas shut-off valves.
- If the situation becomes clearly unsafe:
- Notify the SPC Police at 806-241-1516.
- Evacuate the building.
- Dial 911.
Notify the Physical Plant. Director Physical Plant 806-893-2922, Maintenance Supervisor 806-891-2363.