Welcome to the South Plains College Cosmetology Program - where creativity meets innovation! Our program is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the ever-growing and dynamic beauty industry.
Our state-of-the-art facilities and experienced instructors offer a comprehensive learning experience that prepares you for success. With hands-on training in hair styling, skincare, and nail care, you'll gain the expertise needed to become a licensed cosmetologist. To practice skills, students work with community members weekly under the supervision of instructors.
We believe in providing our students with the best resources possible to ensure their success. That's why we offer personalized attention to each student, small class sizes, and flexible scheduling options to accommodate your busy lifestyle. Plus, we use the latest technology and tools to help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques in the industry.
Our graduates are highly sought-after by employers and have the skills and confidence needed to succeed in this exciting field. Whether you're looking to start your own business, work in a salon, or pursue a career in fashion, our program can help you achieve your goals.
Don't wait any longer to pursue your passion for beauty! Enroll in the South Plains College Cosmetology Program today and take the first step towards a rewarding career.
Students will acquire the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to become licensed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and to work as a cosmetologist in the State of Texas. Students receive a Certificate of Proficiency upon completion of the curriculum from South Plains College. To qualify for the Certificate of Proficiency, the student must complete a Capstone Experience during the final semester of the program.
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Requirements require cosmetology students must be seventeen years of age and have a high school diploma, or a G.E.D.
In addition to meeting the general admission requirements of South Plains College, students who wish to enter the Cosmetology program must make separate application to the program, and complete the following requirements:
1. Applicants must initiate an appointment for the Cosmetology Entrance Exam process. Levelland campus program: Sarah Thompson by telephone # 806-716-2647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Plainview Center program: Daphanie Shelby by telephone # 806-716-4303 or email email@example.com.
2. At the appointed time, applicants will complete:
- Cosmetology Program Application
- Cosmetology Entrance Exam, which applicant must score 70 or above
- Interview with a cosmetology program instructor
3. Applicants must attend a mandatory orientation on a Friday at 9:00 a.m., which date will be set during Cosmetology Entrance Exam process. During orientation, applicants must:
- Provide High School name or location where applicant received G.E.D. including city, date including the month, day and year.
- $25.00 cash for registration fee with Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation to be eligible to practice cosmetology in the State of Texas
- 1 ½ inch by 1 ½ inch (passport) size photo for the T.D.L.R. permit
Program advisors on the Levelland Campus are Sarah Thompson: Program Coordinator and Assistant Professor of Cosmetology; Kristin Reichelt: instructor in Cosmetology; Tisha Tappudu: instructor in Cosmetology; Jeb Wilcox: instructor in Cosmetology; Sharla Methvin: instructor in Cosmetology; Miranda Arriaga: instructor in Cosmetology. Program advisor at the SPC Plainview Extension Center is Daphanie Shelby: Program Coordinator and instructor in Cosmetology.
Are you interested in Cosmetology at South Plains College? Fill out our form below and a program advisor will contact you.
Plainview Campus Printable Dual Credit information.